Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Have I told you lately...

that I am not EVEN givin a fuck? Well, that's the case. I went to the movies this past Sunday and saw Star Trek (my dad used to call it "Star Drek"). I thought it was pretty ok, but the smugness of Kirk put me off again. As it always has. I guess it isn't entirely William Shatner's fault - it's the character. This after I saw the actor who plays Kirk this time in a magazine photo spread where he had donned a white summer suit and I think maybe even some seersucker (both majorly awesome). After Star Trek, my movie-going hunger was not satiated, so I suggested we see Drag Me to Hell knowing full well that my squeamish self cannot handle that shit. Suffice to say - I was terrified by that movie; it's really good. I will not be viewing another horror movie until the 20's. This was only my 2nd one of the aughts (the first was The Ring which I saw with Anna Luckey at the multiplex in Long Island City and which kept me up all night and caused me to move the VCR to another part of the living room farthest from my bedroom door). All I can say is that the shadows and the goat in DMTH tore me up.

In other news, I have moved to a new apartment in the Castro district. I am very pleased to have moved away from my former roommates - those self-serving sanctimonious bitchez - and to be more centrally located. There are many uncharted sandwiches to sample. I will bravely and proudly explore.

2 comments:

melaniebee said...

so glad you decided to take up the blog again.

let's eat a sandwich. marcello's has really good subs bitch!!!!!!!1!!!11

Lauren said...

ooh, I just saw this now. I want to eat a sub. rub a dub dub I want to eat a sub...