Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sandwich Appointments


This Friday, I will venture to the M&L Market, coincidentally located at Church & Market streets, for a sandwich. I guess the coincidence is only ostensibly in the word "Market" being contained in the establishment's name, yet the other part of this coincidence is that my "Church" is a sandwich. The fame of the place is soaked all over the internet. The place is venerable and appears to have anecdotal character. It is time for me to sample their sandwiches.

This past Sunday, I went again to Ike's Place and this time had a sandwich called the Menage a Trois. It contained 3 cheeses, bbq chicken, actual honey and six hallelujahs. It took about 45 minutes to be ready and the place was a total mob scene. While I was eating the sandwich, my hand began to stick to my root beer bottle from the honey. I glanced around at the groups of people waiting for their sandwiches and got a real school yard feel from it. It was a hot day. A group of girls in "stunner shades" had unfurled a rug around the corner in front of the glass blowing store and were picnicking on the sandwiches from Ike's.

I liked it. It was like the summer of love. I mean, what I mean to say is, it was like the sandwich of love.

I will note the results of the M&L Market sandwich sampling after it happens. I can't wait.

No comments: