Monday, November 5, 2007

fall back

Today was the first day after the end of daylight savings time for this year. I took a walk to the park intending to walk as far as possible from there. I wanted to sort of try to take a long walk akin to ones I used to take in New York. Like a walk from Union Square to Battery Park or from Midtown to SoHo. Like that day four years ago when I won my bicycle ticket court case in Lower Manhattan and I was so proud that I had talked my way out of it I walked all the way back over the Brooklyn Bridge and down Atlantic Ave. to Bed Stuy where I was apartment sitting. Like that.

I wanted to see how far I could walk in this town before getting tired enough to retrace my steps. I wanted the exercise. I wanted, hoped, to clear my mind.

Instead, I ended up passing a delightful afternoon in the park sharing stories and trading quips with some friends in the bright Indian summer sun.

When I got home, someone challenged me to drink two Emergen-C packets at once. It seems like a silly challenge when I type it here, but I wasn't even givin a fuck at the time and mixed up two packets - one Super Orange and one Cranberry - and totally chugged that stuff. Since Emergen-C is an energy booster, I am filled with energy. Since I have had a full day of relaxing in the sun, and a full evening playing Scattergories, I am tired. The contradictory combination is so unsettling that it's destabilizing pretty much everything. What's the cure for this? Chamomile tea? muscle relaxers?

No comments: